Friday, October 17, 2008

Zen Cart, GoDaddy, IPN or "ISSUE WITH GODADDY HOSTING CUSTOMERS VS PAYPAL"

I just did a Zen Cart for a very talented clothing designer Janese Maricelli.

Links: Web Site / Shopping Cart.

The project was going well until I installed the PayPal payment module and tested the payment process. The payment would clear through PayPal but the return token would not get back to the cart!

The error was, "-- IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
Host Details = http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:80 (0) Success”

Both the GoDaddy and PayPal "(no) help" line did not help!

Well after 6 hours I found the fix on the Zen Cart forum! Link The Post is titled, "ISSUE WITH GODADDY HOSTING CUSTOMERS VS PAYPAL" The fix was easy and required changing 2 lines of code.

Much thanks to "DrByte" who posted the fix.

SHAME! on PayPal and GoDaddy for not having this information! (as well as all of the bad info they both gave me!).

I have posted and directed you to all of the info you need to fix this problem! But, if you still need help installing the patch, I would be happy to assist you with this issue and install the patch on your Zen Cart (billable via Paypal - LOL) I can do this for you regardless of your location!). Contact Me!