Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lost or Stolen Laptop - San Diego Laptop Owners be Prepared!

If you are concerned about the possibility of your laptop being lost or stolen laptop - here is the software for you!

Adeona is a software package that will allow you to locate your laptop if lost or stolen!

It will report on the IP address the the laptop accessed the Internet. You then give this IP number to the police and they will be able to get the account information for the IP address. If you are fortunate you have a good chance to recover the laptop.

I loaded the software on my XP machine. It works as described by the developers. I was able to retrieve the last several IP address that my XP machine was used to access the Internet.

The software is "Open Source" (free) and should be on every machine you own.

If you need help to install this software, please go to my home page: Computer Repair and contact me.

You should also review how you are backing up you computers: Backup?

No comments: